Saturday, May 28, 2011

Why did I sign up for this crazy gig?



I'm starting to get more nervous as the beginning of my journey to "discover Colorado Springs" approaches. This internship is definitely outside of my comfort zone. Whenever I think about my upcoming summer experience I feel exhilarated, then immediately think of all the unknowns and question my sanity - why did I sign up for this crazy gig?






In the meantime, I'm trying to squeeze in as much "family time" as I can. Daniel and I were especially close last summer, so I'm going to miss my "Teddy" in the months to come. In preparation for my absence, I have been attempting to give Daniel plenty to do, media-wise. At the top of the list was the Harry Potter series, which he took to like a fish to water. I barely beat him in a Harry Potter trivia game we had lying around the house. And Daniel's favorite Harry Potter character, of all his choices from all the books, is Neville Longbottom.









Yes. This guy. I wonder what the actor who plays Neville looks like now?



Whoa. He's very attractive. Who knew?


But why did Daniel pick such an odd choice?

"Because Neville isn't a very good wizard, but he's a really good friend."
- Daniel

Pretty insightful for an 8-year-old.


I am usually the driving force behind my family's media choices, picking out movies and telling my family which one they'd like. Without my guidance, I'm sure my dad will just watch endless reruns of According to Jim on Channel 15.

I've been squeezing my visits with people (that usually happen over the course of the summer) into the span of two weeks. Blaire and I had movie/game extravaganza day, in which we watched Mystery Science Theater 3000, Shaun of the Dead, and the Big Bang Theory.

Best quote of the night:
MST3K Touch of Satan - "This is where the fish lives."
"Mike, I'm gonna look at your shoes for a while. It makes about as much sense."

I also got to meet Blaire's niece, Fiona, an adorable baby will an awesome faux-hawk who is soothed by the sounds of Julian Smith.


I'm also catching up with Kelsey this weekend. She's a blast to be around. Went for a walk and to the Hangover 2 today, and had a lot of laughs and an awesome time.




So as I squeeze all my quality time with the people I care about into a couple short weeks, I remind myself that there is an adventure waiting around the bend.


I haven't picked the smoothest course, steady as a beating drum, but this course is going to help me grow more.

No comments:

Post a Comment