Monday, June 6, 2011

Heat Wave

Water...need water...and chapstick...lots of chapstick.

It's so dry here. I, a humble Midwesterner, have never before experience the elevation and the DRYNESS of the area. My throat is parched and I feel very tired for no reason. I hear it's pretty normal to feel "out of it" the first week here, but I was hoping my body would be immune to it.

But if I had to pick the dry heat over the dense humidity of my hometown, I would have to say I prefer the dry heat. It was over 90 today but felt similar to our 70 degree weather.

I arrived in Colorado Springs on Saturday evening, despite my horrible sense of direction and sense of location ("Hmmm, this is a pretty big city, this must be Denver).

I met part of my host family, Missy and her little sister Morgan, who were extremely gracious and helpful. I also learned that I now have my own bathroom (at least for the summer). Hark? Do my ears deceive me? A whole bathroom to myself? After sharing a bathroom with three other siblings and then using a community bathroom the past 3 years?




............It's mine. It's all mine!







As of yet, no wireless internet set up at my host home. I had to drive to a spot that had internet in order to keep up to date with the goings-on of the world.

First day of internship wasn't really an "internship" so to speak. It was just an orientation day, basically the equivalent of the first day of a college course, when the entire class reads over the syllabus together. So...yeah, it was pretty boring. Basically just met the other interns. There were a lot. I will not remember their names come tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment